St Laurence Orchard is a one acre fragment of a traditional orchard, planted post World War 1, around 1920. The land was leased by Essex County Council to soldiers from the nearby Shoeburyness Barracks and one of the tenants, Robert Peacock, planted the orchard. First planted with Bramleys and King of Pippin, there are also greengages, Pershore plums, pears and a single cox from the original cox. 53 species of plants (excluding fruit trees) and 20 insect species were identified in a 2012 survey.
Local charity Trust Links has been managing St Laurence Orchard on behalf of Southend Council since 2005. Groups of adults with mental health needs and community members regularly participate in work parties run throughout the year. There is also an Apple Day and Wassailing event held annually.